There’s nothing like a good chocolate chip cookie… unless of course, if it’s super-sized and more than an inch thick. So when I found this recipe from my aunt’s Nestle Classic Recipes Cookbook  a while back, I knew it was a must-make. Serve it warm, with ice cream, with syrup… and with caution… because you’ll definitely want another slice.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
1 unbaked 9-inch (4-cup volume) deep-dish pie shell*
2 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1 cup chopped pecans
Serve with ice cream (optional)
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
- Beat eggs in large mixer bowl on high until foamy.
- Beat in flour, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Beat in butter.
- Stir in morsels and nuts and spoon into pie shell.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Serve warm.
Recipe from Nestle Classic Recipes, 2003
* If using frozen pie shell, use deep dish style and thaw completely. Bake on baking sheet and increase baking time slightly.