A sure fire sugar jolt and one of my favorite brownies. These are a great way to kick off the new year.
Cream Cheese Brownies
1 pkg Duncan Hines® Chocolate Lovers’ Double Fudge Brownie Mix
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese (softened)
1 lb confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom of 13 X 9 pan.
2. Combine all of the brownie ingredients including fudge packet from mix and stir with spoon until well blended. Spread into pan.
3. Beat cream cheese in large bowl at medium with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs, sugar, vanilla until smooth. Spread over brownie mixture.
4. Bake at 350 for 45-50 miniutes or until edges and top are golden brown.
5. Cool completely and the refrigerate until well chilled.
Recipe amended from Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook, 1993
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakerella/2156098240/