Sometimes simple is just as sweet. I know I’m a little late posting these, but I thought I would share the recipe. It’s a really good cake mix enhanced recipe (that is, if you don’t mind using a mix). I found it in the Bundt Classics Recipe Book  and used it for these cupcakes. So here goes…
Rich Chocolate Cake
1 (18.25 oz.) pkg. dark chocolate cake mix
1 (3.4 oz.) pkg. instant chocolate pudding
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup warm water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Line cupcake pans with baking cups.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients except chocolate chips.
4. Mix 2 minutes on medium speed.
5. Increase speed to medium-high; mix 3 minutes.
6. Stir in chocolate chips.
7. Spoon into cupcake pans.
8. Bake at 350 for around 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean and cool.
Makes about 24 cupcakes
Note: If you want to use this recipe in a Bundt cake pan, then heat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 to 12 cup Bundt pan and fill 3/4 full. I’ve made it this way several times and it’s so good, it doesn’t even need frosting. Just sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top. Here’s the Bundt Cake Pan  I use. It’s great!
Recipe from Bundt Classics, 2003.
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1b. 10X powdered sugar
1-3 teaspoons milk, half and half or cream
1. Using a mixer, cream softened butter and vanilla with a mixer until smooth.
2. Add sugar gradually, allowing butter and sugar to cream together before adding more.
3. If you want it a little creamier, add a teaspoon of milk at a time and beat on high until you get the right texture.