An Oreo Kiss, that is. So, if you have a chocolate lover on your hands, then try these tasty treats and their hands might just be all over you.
1 package oreo cookies (divided… use cookie including the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
1. Finely crush all but seven cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency.
2. Stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Then, begin to form the shape of a kiss. Flattening the bottom and forming a point at the top. (Mine ended up about 1.5″ tall)
5. It helps to put the uncoated balls in the freezer for a few minutes to keep the mixture from starting to fall apart when you drop into the melted chocolate.
6. Melt chocolate as directed on package and then dip “kisses” one at a time into chocolate, tap off extra and slide them off spoon onto wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
7. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy! Oh yeah, just eat the extra seven cookies.
1. Handwrite your messages or create them on the computer. Cut out the strips (about 1/4″ tall and however wide you need).
2. Cut up some square sheets of aluminum foil (about 5.5″ square)
3. Place dry kiss in center and start wrapping the foil around the base. Insert message near top and secure it by pressing the foil together at top.
Oreo Truffle recipe amended from Kraft Food & Family Fall 2006.
URLs in this post:
 Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakerella/2261367115/
 Image: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Ifc8wjPbTDI/R7JiKjNfhGI/AAAAAAAAAGw/N3myam-RaT4/s1600-h/IMG_7353.jpg
 Oreo Truffles: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/01/grocery-item-turns-gourmet.html
 Super Bowl Truffles: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/02/super-bowl-funday.html
 Nutter Butter Balls: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/01/grocery-item-goes-gourmet-part-2.html