After making the Oreo Truffles  last week, I thought I would try the recipe with Nutter Butters. I don’t have a classic Peanut Butter Ball Recipe, so I thought, what the heck. They came out pretty good. I think I like the Oreo Truffles a little better though. Mainly because the flavor is so distinct. With these, its just a good old tried and true peanut butter and chocolate combo. Just plain………!
1 pkg. Nutter Butter cookies (broken… use cookie with the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
1. Finely crush all but 5 cookies in a food processor or place them in a ziploc bag and crush into a fine consistency.
2. Combine with cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
3. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
4. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
Makes about 30 balls.
URLs in this post:
 Oreo Truffles: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/01/grocery-item-turns-gourmet.html
 Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakerella/2208123558/
 Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakerella/2208115762/
 Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakerella/2207324133/
 Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakerella/2208116070/