- bakerella.com - http://www.bakerella.com -
Super Bowl Funday?
Posted By Bakerella On February 4, 2008 @ 7:50 am In Bite-size,Chocolate,Cookies,For Him | 127 Comments
So I had an idea for using the Oreo Truffle Recipe  I’ve shown before and turning those into little tiny footballs. Well, let’s just say the idea was better than the execution. I ended up doing two batches because I was disappointed with how the first one came out. Take a look…
Follow the recipe for Oreo Truffles  and then:
Don’t do it this way…
• I shaped the mixture into little footballs
• dipped them once in chocolate bark, let them dry
• dipped the ends in white chocolate, let them dry
• dipped the ends again in regular chocolate leaving part of the white showing on the end to form rings. I really thought this would look good because the ring would go all the way around. And since I’m not so hot at piping anyway, I thought this was a no-brainer.
• Then I piped the laces on.
Sounds like a good idea, right. Wrong. Instead of cute little footballs, I ended up with these little footblobs of chocolate.
Instead, try it this way…
• Shape the mixture into little footballs
• dip them once in chocolate, tap off extra and let them dry.
• then, just pipe the rings on each end and the laces on the top. The rings won’t go all the way around, but they’ll look a lot better
• And this way saves a lot of drying time which is great, too.
All in all, it was a fun day. They finally came out looking pretty good and thank goodness, they tasted great.
Article printed from bakerella.com: http://www.bakerella.com
URL to article: http://www.bakerella.com/super-bowl-funday/
URLs in this post: Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakerella/2240504851/ Oreo Truffle Recipe: http://www.bakerella.com/grocery-item-goes-gourmet/ Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakerella/2240503565/ Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ifc8wjPbTDI/R6aaXO72zYI/AAAAAAAAAGI/iJn0fDOa2CU/s1600-h/footblobs.jpg Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Ifc8wjPbTDI/R6aavO72zZI/AAAAAAAAAGQ/3fjnzv5mbEg/s1600-h/footballs.jpg Image: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bakerella/2241297520/
Copyright © 2009 bakerella.com. All rights reserved.