I went for something a little easier after last week’s colorful cake casualty . This one is an enhanced box mix recipe and uses Sprite and pudding mix to pump it up. You know… there must be something wrong with the universe when a box mix cake comes out better than one I made from scratch. But I won’t complain too much because it was really good and oh so moist inside. See……
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
- Mix ingredients on low until combined and then increase speed to medium and mix for about 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into pans and bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Recipe amended from here. 
Make it simple all the way and tear open a can of vanilla ready-made frosting… (don’t worry I won’t tell) or you can use this really easy frosting recipe:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 1b. 10X powdered sugar
1-3 teaspoons milk, half and half or cream
- Using a mixer, cream softened butter and vanilla with until smooth.
- Add sugar gradually, allowing butter and sugar to cream together before adding more.
- If you want it a little creamier, add a teaspoon of milk at a time and beat on high until you get the right texture.