It’s my 1-year blogiversary and I wanted to make some fun cupcakes to mark the day.
First, I thought about using a Halloween theme since it is the same day.
No, already did Halloween with some cake pops .
What about a birthday theme?
Nah, too expected.
Then, while debating with myself, one of my photos caught my eye and I think I actually saw the light bulb over my head turn on.
You may not know this, but when I was about 9, he was my boyfriend. I even had plenty of Teen Beat magazines to prove it. Years later we reunited, I mean met, at a charity dinner. He was the guest speaker. I remember being in the ballroom and seeing him standing outside waiting for me, I mean waiting to speak. He was alone. Now, mind you, I’m kinda shy, but I thought I may not get another chance. So I walked out of the ballroom to where he was standing and introduced myself and thanked him for coming to speak. But, I think the actual words probably sounded something like, “Hi, I’m a huge fan.” I wanted so badly to ask him to sign the, not one, but two miniature General Lee cars that I had waiting in my purse. (Yes, I’m a dork!)
A friend of mine had the two cars from his childhood and I bribed him to give me one if I was able to get them both signed.
I think I was the only one who came to the dinner with toys and a Sharpie… fine point, not regular because that would have been too big to see his name if I could get his signature (Hey, a girl’s got to be prepared.) Bo, I mean John, was super nice. After the event, he stayed around to talk to people and even took this great photo with me. I love this picture. It looks like we’ve known each other for years. I guess from my point of view, we have.
Check out the car!
So that was it. The General Lee.
Halloween colors… check!
The number one to mark my first year blogging… check!
Plus, the photo of us makes me smile every time I look at it, just like this site has done over the past year every time I read your comments.
It’s been a fun first year. Thank you for sharing it with me.
- Making the first Cupcake Pops 
- Appearing on the Martha Stewart Show 
- Being recognized by Jim Davis for my Garfield Cupcakes 
- Playing thank you war with Cakespy 
- Winning the first Iron Cupcake Earth Challenge 
- Selling some cute t-shirts 
- Contributing recipes for Nickelodeon’s Parentsconnect website 
- Having fun giveaways 
And, just yesterday I got the coolest present to round out the year.
THE  Pioneer Woman  blogged about making my Halloween Cake Pops . I couldn’t believe it. I look at her site all the time in amazement and I couldn’t believe she was talking about me. (She’s like some kind of super-human. If you aren’t familiar with her, you should check her out.) I’ve been secretly wishing her family would adopt me so I could live on the ranch and cook and take pictures of cows with her all day. So here’s a little photo just for her. I think she would like it.
Anyway, I can’t wait to see what next year brings. More sweet stuff for all of us I hope.
And now, for a Blogiversary Giveaway!
This is a celebration. And what’s a celebration without presents. So I’m giving away some Bakerella t-shirts from www.bakelove.com . Three of them!
- If you’re a bakerella at heart or simply like the site, enter for a chance to win.
- Just leave a comment and share which celebrity you had or still have a crush on.
- Make sure to leave an email address or a link to your blog so I can contact you if you win.
- The cutoff to enter is Monday, November 3rd at Midnight. The winners will be announced sometime Tuesday evening.
Find out who won! 
* Winners will be chosen at random, using random.org’s  integer generator.
Oh yeah, Happy Halloween, too!