It’s my cake pops, Hello-Kitty style. Back in December, I made a little Hello Kitty cake for my niece’s 1st Birthday and as I was shaping the Hello Kitty figure out of fondant, it occurred to me how screaming cute these would be as cake pops. I couldn’t wait to try them. But, how the heck would I make those distinctive, yet subtle little ears. Well, the answer is easier than you think.
Here’s what you will need:
Cake and frosting (Read basic Cake Pop How-To)
Mini Red m&ms
White candy melts
Jumbo Heart Sprinkles
Rainbow Chip Sprinkles
Black Edible Ink Pen
Paper Lollipop Sticks
White Chocolate Chips
(Whoops…I left the most important ingredient out of the above picture.)
But, take a look below and you can see how perfectly they work for the ears.
- Shape the Hello Kitty heads into a semi-flat oval shape. Insert tip of lollipop stick into some of the melted candy and insert into the bottom of the Hello Kitty head.
- Take two white chocolate chips and dip the bottoms in the melted candy and then place/glue them on the top of Hello Kitty head.
- Stand them up in a styrofoam block to dry. When the ears are firmly attached to the head, dip the entire Hello Kitty head in a bowl of the white melted candy. Make sure the bowl is deep enough so you can get it in one dunk. Then remove and gently tap off any extra coating. This will help smooth it out, too.
- When the Hello Kitty heads are dry, apply the hearts and m&ms to make a bow and the yellow rainbow chips to make a nose. You can use a toothpick and a little bit of the melted candy to act as the glue.
- Then, draw the eyes and whiskers on using an black edible ink pen.
These instructions are for your personal use only. To create Hello Kitty products for commercial sale, you must obtain permission from Sanrio. Visit http://www.sanrio.com/business opportunities/.