I get a lot of different questions every day. I try to answer as many as I can. But if I miss yours, here are some of the ones I get most often. Maybe it will help.
- What kind of camera do you use? And what kind of lens?
- I use a Canon Rebel xti. Here’s a post about my camera.
- What do you use for your colorful backgrounds?
- It’s just scrapbook paper. Easy and inexpensive.
- Do you have a bakery?
- No. I don’t really like to get up too early, so I don’t think that would work out.
- Do you sell baked goods – like your cake pops?
- Yikes, I don’t do that either. But here are cake pop and cupcake pop instructions so you can make them.
- What do you do with everything you bake?
- Umm – I eat it or give it away to friends and family.
- Do you have any formal training?
- I wish. But if I really knew what I was doing, I would probably never leave the kitchen.
- Where do you find those brown cupcake liners? And the bright-colored ones?
- Lots of places sell them online, but I get mine at from Confectionery House.
- How do you get your chocolate so smooth?
- I think I should devote a post to this. I get this question all the time. Basically, use a deep bowl to dip. Make sure the chocolate is thin enough to dip and remove easily and then… gently tap off the excess..
- Can I link to you?
- Sure. Feel free.
- Can I use one of your photos on my website?
- No. Maybe. Probably. But, please ask first. Here’s the deal. I spend a lot of time taking photos. Possibly even more time than I do baking. Really. It’s a problem for me. A photo with credit and link to my site is usually acceptable if you’re talking about bakerella.com. However, do not use any bakerella.com photos to promote your own business or bakery. (Yes, people really do that… it’s pretty shameful).
I’ll be adding more answers from time to time.