I have a new favorite cookie to crave. At least for this week anyway. These cookies are hugged with nutella and make a pretty sweet switch up to my go-to chocolate chip cookie.
In addition to the nutella mixed in these guys, I also used a combination of granulated and dark brown sugar and oh my gosh. They are so good. Velvety even. I can’t stop eating them.
Mix 1/4 cup of nutella in the batter and stir in 2 heaping cups of chocolate chips.
Then streak the batter with the remaining nutella. Scoop onto baking sheets and bake away.
Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup nutella
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, soda and salt. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and both sugars. Add 1/4 a cup of the nutella (reserving the rest) and continue mixing until completely incorporated.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Gradually add the flour mixture until just combined. Stir in chocolate morsels and then loosely swirl in the remaining nutella (plus a little more if you like) leaving streaks in the batter.
- Scoop dough onto baking sheet and bake for 9-12 minutes.
Enjoy! You’ll love them just as they are or try them sandwiching your favorite ice cream on a warm, sunny day. Yum!!!