… on these homemade ice cream sandwiches. I scored these cute ice cream sandwich molds on clearance at Williams-Sonoma after Christmas and finally got around to using them. They were so easy and lots of fun for kids. (That includes me, too!) And the fact that they had been $14.99 and I got them for $3.99, made them taste all the sweeter.
Here’s what you do:
- Bake a brownie recipe enough for a 12 X 18 jelly roll pan*
- Use the forms to cut out your shapes.
- Place one brownie shape in the bottom of the capped form
- Add a scoop of your favorite ice cream
- Place the other brownie shape on top
- Press together using the part of the form with the handle to make perfectly shaped ice cream sandwiches
Sorry, I didn’t get great pics of these, they were a little messy and we were too busy eating them. Next time, I’ll cut out all of the shapes in advance and then make sandwiches as needed.
Also, I don’t think it’s available anymore at Williams-Sonoma, but here are some other choices:
Triangle-Shape Ice Cream Sandwich Maker
Heart & Star Ice Cream Sandwich Maker
Farmyard Animals Ice Cream Sandwich Maker
* If you don’t have a 12 X 18 recipe, use a 13 X 9 recipe and double it.