Well, today is the first day of summer and what could be better than going to the beach? A beach cupcake! That way, I don’t even have to get into a bathing suit. (Not to mention, I’m not near the beach, so this will have to do.) Aren’t these little bears just too cute. And they’re pretty tasty, too. Here’s what I used:
- Cupcakes and frosting (tinted blue)
- Blue baking cups
- Cocktail umbrellas
- Bears – Honey Teddy Grahams and I just used a candy writer to draw their tiny little bathing suits on with a toothpick. For the faces, I used an edible ink pen. (I keep finding new uses for this thing. I love it.)
- Inner tubes – Lifesavers Gummies
- Towels and floats – Fruit Roll Ups
- Beach Balls – small gumballs
- Beach sand – Okay, this is difficult to look at. For the weak at heart, close your eyes. I’m sorry to say I had to sacrifice a few little teddy bears. They tried their best to escape…
Check back tomorrow for part two of this sweet summer kickoff!
Thanks to the book, Hello, Cupcake! for inspiring me to use common candies in uncommon ways.