Oh my gosh I couldn’t stop eating these cookies! I gave a few to my mom and I was going to give the rest away too, but then… I opened the container they were in to have just one … and then I was like I’ll just have one more … and then there were just too few to give to anyone. Whoops. (wink) … So I kept the rest all for myself.
The dough is kissed with a little salted caramel hazelnut spread. Oh yes!
But these jumbo chocolate wafers are what make them so irresistible. I love baking cookies with them. It means melty chocolate in every warm little … or big bite.
Mix up the dough, scoop it onto baking sheets and then… sprinkle the tops with a little sea salt to finish them off.
And then bake…
That’s it. I’m done! I just passed out. I think I’ll just need another melty cookie to revive me.
- 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Salted Caramel Hazelnut Spread
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 16 oz. semisweet chocolate baking wafers
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking soda, and salt together with a wire whisk.
- In a mixer, cream butter, sugars, and hazelnut spread until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour and mix on low until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate wafers. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Scoop dough onto parchment paper about two inches apart and sprinkle tops with sea salt.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool and enjoy while melty.
The wafers are made by E. Guittard and the salted caramel hazelnut spread is made by Jif.
Update: I accidentally left out the step where you add the flour to the recipe. It’s in there now (#5). : )