I can’t stop eating these cookies. They’re Peanut Butter Cup-Filled Brownie Cookie Sandwiches from my sweet friend Shelly of Cookies and Cups. Her brand new cookbook (The Cookies and Cups Cookbook) is coming out April 12th and when I saw her recipe for these, I knew I had to try them first. I mean brownie cookies and melty peanut butter cups … I’m so there.
Plus, I like recipes where I have everything on hand. And in this case I just happened to have a bunch of Reese’s on the ready for Easter … they’re a staple in my house for just about any holiday, you know.
Melted chocolate and butter means we’re off to a delicious start.
I used a small cookie scoop for the brownie batter. As the batter rests, it thickens a bit to make it easier to scoop onto your baking sheet.
Cookies. And. Cups.
Sandwich them while they’re still warm and watch the middles melt… along with my heart.
Peanut Butter Cup-Filled Brownie Sandwich Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 16 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 regular-size peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently until the ingredients are just melted. Remove from the heat and let the chocolate-butter mixture cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then set aside.
- In another larger bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add the chocolate and butter mixture to the egg mixture slowly, stirring as you go. Then stir in the flour mixture until combined.
- Scoop brownie mixture using a 1-1/2 inch scoop and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 9 minutes until cookies are set in the middle.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Flip half the cookies over and carefully place a peanut butter cup on each flipped cookie. Place the remaining cookies on top while they are still warm. The heat from the cookies will melt the peanut butter cups enough to hold the sandwiches together when cooled completely.
I enjoyed every last bite of these babies! Hope you do, too. Just make sure to have a big glass of milk ready when you do.
Here’s a little peek at more of the yumminess from The Cookies & Cups Cookbook. Check it out, you can pre-order now! So proud for you Shelly!
Holy yum, what a great idea. I love chocolate and peanut butter together such a marriage made in heaven.
These look so good! Chocolate, peanut butter, and brownies. Also love that the ingredients are so easy to find.
Thank you for this. I never know what to do with chocolate in terms of recipes. I know I love to eat chocolate but then I’m lost when it comes to preparing food.
These look incredible! Can’t wait to try them!
They look so delicious! I have to try these at home.
Oh my gosh they look amazing! Chocolate mixed with peanut butter – you can’t go wrong. I posted a recipe on shortbread today – I’m scottish so I like to think I’m good at making it – but my photos don’t look nearly as good as yours! http://feaststylethrive.com/food/shortbread/
Oh man do these look delicious. And those other pictures, talk about eye candy. Guess this book is being added to my wish list.
Yum! What a great idea!
Hugs Shelly! Love those cookies and miss your face, too!
Jennine – I hope so!
These might win me another blue ribbon at the California State fair
Hi Sue – I used a 1 1/2 inch scoop.
Another book I must add to my growing collection. These cookies look to die for!
THANK YOUUUUUU!!! I LOVE this post and SO appreciate your support! Miss your face! xo
Wonder if you could dunk them in coffee.
My family are huge peanut butter/chocolate fans! This is right up our alley! Thank you for sharing! :)
Positive I’ll love these!! So delicious!!
What size cookie scoop did you use ( number-there are too many choices for small)?
This looks mesmerising!
Oh my goodness! These are so delicious. If only they’d pop right out off my screen. Haha. I can’t wait to try this out.
Those look so good. Can’t wait to try them.