Pretty, peanut butter cookies with just five ingredients:
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
4 oz. Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate, melted
1/2 cup finely chopped peanuts
That’s my kind of recipe!
- Preheat oven to 325. Mix peanut butter, sugar and egg until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Remove and roll mixture into 18 balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet 2 inches apart.
- Flatten each ball by using a fork to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet and then cool completely on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate.
- Dip one end of cookie into melted chocolate and then dip into chopped peanuts. Repeat with other side.
- Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet and refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
Recipe from Kraft Food & Family, Fall 2005.
Now that you have something to chew on, don’t forget that you have until August 31st to enter the Nickelodeon Giveaway. And, if you have already entered, guess what – you can enter again. The more back-to-school tips you give back on Nickelodeon, the more school supplies needy kids get. So thanks for giving.