Chocolate Chip Confetti Cookies!
Get in my mouth. Right now. It’s cookie time!
Okay, anytime is cookie time in my book. How about you?
I made these chocolate chip cookies using a few extras that I had on my counter.
Leftover pecans from last weekend’s Hummingbird Cake that I chopped up.
Pastel M&M’s leftover from Easter. These were hiding under a pile of different color candy melts I had on the counter or else they would have already been gone by now.
E. Guittard semi-sweet chocolate wafers. I still had a box from the last time I made Jacques Torres’ Chocolate Chip Cookies. And now I don’t think I can make chocolate chip cookies with little baby morsels ever again. Okay, that’s not true. But seriously, try making chocolate chip cookies with these chocolate baking discs sometime. Holy yum. I picked mine up at Williams-Sonoma.
Mix up the dough and add in the pecans. That is if you want. You can also leave them out.
Add in some M&M’s. Any color combo you like.
And stir in the chocolate.
Scoop them and bake them right up.
Or coat the tops in confetti sprinkles for a little more fun.
Chocolate Chip Confetti Cookies.
It’s like a party in every bite.
Chocolate Chip Confetti Cookies
- 2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups M&M's
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate wafers – or morsels : )
- Confetti sprinkles
- Sea salt
- Sift together flour, soda and salt with a wire whisk and set aside.
- In a mixer, cream butter and sugars together for about two minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- On low, add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
- Stir in chopped pecans, M&M's and chocolate wafers.
- Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop chilled dough with a 2-inch scoop. Gently press tops in a small dish of confetti sprinkles and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Note: If using regular M&M's you can top with primary color confetti sprinkles to match.
- Sprinkle tops with sea salt if desired.
- Bake for about 16 minutes or until lightly brown. If using a smaller scoop, then bake for about 12-14 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool and repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Enjoy warm with a big glass of milk.