I can’t stop eating these cookies. They’re Peanut Butter Cup-Filled Brownie Cookie Sandwiches from my sweet friend Shelly of Cookies and Cups. Her brand new cookbook (The Cookies and Cups Cookbook) is coming out April 12th and when I saw her recipe for these, I knew I had to try them first. I mean brownie cookies and melty peanut butter cups … I’m so there.
Plus, I like recipes where I have everything on hand. And in this case I just happened to have a bunch of Reese’s on the ready for Easter … they’re a staple in my house for just about any holiday, you know.
Melted chocolate and butter means we’re off to a delicious start.
I used a small cookie scoop for the brownie batter. As the batter rests, it thickens a bit to make it easier to scoop onto your baking sheet.
Cookies. And. Cups.
Sandwich them while they’re still warm and watch the middles melt… along with my heart.
Peanut Butter Cup-Filled Brownie Cookie Sandwiches
1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
16 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
12 regular-size peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over low heat, stirring frequently until the ingredients are just melted. Remove from the heat and let the chocolate-butter mixture cool for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. Then set aside.
- In another larger bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla. Add the chocolate and butter mixture to the egg mixture slowly, stirring as you go. Then stir in the flour mixture until combined.
- Scoop brownie mixture using a 1 1/2 inch scoop and place on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for about 9 minutes until cookies are set in the middle.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3 minutes. Flip half the cookies over and carefully place a peanut butter cup on each flipped cookie. Place the remaining cookies on top while they are still warm. The heat from the cookies will melt the peanut butter cups enough to hold the sandwiches together when cooled completely.
- Makes 12 – 16 sandwich cookies.
I enjoyed every last bite of these babies! Hope you do, too. Just make sure to have a big glass of milk ready when you do.
Here’s a little peek at more of the yumminess from The Cookies & Cups Cookbook. Check it out, you can pre-order now! So proud for you Shelly!