Baking it Easy
It’s been a lazy day Sunday and I just wanted something simple to satisfy my sweet tooth. No frills or flowers or fluff needed. A simple slice of cake always wins with me.
And look at that slice … freckled with miniature chocolate chips equals perfection.
Chocolate chips just kind of make people happy. They tend to cheer me up anyway. I’ll take them in cake or cookies and of course, by the handful :)
Curious… do you guys generally grease and flour your cake pans or use a non-stick cooking spray. I like to go for the flour method. It’s comforting.
Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and flour a 12 cup Bundt pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract and continue mixing until combined.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together and then add to wet ingredients in three additions, alternating with milk in between. Mix until combined and then stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for ten minutes and then remove cake from pan to cool completely. Dust top with powdered sugar or pour on chocolate glaze.
- To make glaze: mix sugar, cocoa and butter together on medium until combined. Add vanilla. Gradually add milk until desired consistency and mix until smooth.
Enjoy a slice!