This jam-packed loaf of chocolate chip marbled banana bread is calling your name. I hope you have some ripe bananas ready because you might just want to make it right away. P.S. I’m totally eating a slice right now while I write this post and OMG… it’s so good.
You just need to whip up two separate batters using flour, cocoa, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, bananas, butter, eggs, sour cream and vanilla.
And then just mix a bunch of chocolate chip morsels into each batter.
Layer small spoonfuls of both batters in a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan and then gently make a couple of swirls in the batter with a knife. Don’t over mix it though.
Before it bakes, sprinkle more morsels on top.
Let cool some and then serve thick slices while still warm with a big glass of milk. You won’t regret it.
Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread
- 1-3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup natural unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups ripe bananas, mashed (about 3-4 bananas)
- 1/2 cup butter, mostly melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease and line a 9 X 5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper overhanging sides of pan.
- For the regular banana bread: whisk together 1 cup of the flour, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- For the chocolate banana bread: whisk together (in a second medium bowl) the remaining 3/4 cup of the flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Set aside.
- In a third bowl, combine mashed bananas, melted butter, sour cream, eggs and vanilla until combined. Divide mixture and add half to each flour mixture, stirring each until combined. Add 1/2 cup of chocolate morsels to each batter and stir until combined.
- Place small spoonfuls of both batters into prepared loaf pan layering and alternating between each. Then gently make a couple of swirls in the batter with a knife without over mixing.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of morsels on top and bake for 50-55 minutes.