A sure fire sugar jolt and one of my favorite brownies. These are a great way to kick off the new year.
1 pkg Duncan Hines® Chocolate Lovers' Double Fudge Brownie Mix
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese (softened)
1 lb confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom of 13 X 9 inch pan.
- Combine all of the brownie ingredients including fudge packet from mix and stir with spoon until well blended. Spread into pan.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl at medium with an electric mixer. Beat in eggs, sugar, vanilla until smooth. Spread over brownie mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until edges and top are golden brown.
- Cool completely and the refrigerate until well chilled.
Recipe amended from Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook, 1993