You guessed it… Mint Oreo Truffles ummmmm… good. These might even be better than the originals (well, maybe). And, they’re just as easy to make, but because I could only find the mint Oreos in Double Stuf, I changed the ratios a little from the regular Oreo Truffle recipe. Here you go…
- 1 pkg. Double Stuf Oreos - Cool Mint Flavor
- • use 22 cookies with cream centers included
- • use 10 cookies with cream centers discarded
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, room temperature
- chocolate, vanilla or green candy coating
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor or a ziploc bag with a rolling pin.
- Stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together completely.
- Roll the mixture into 1" balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
- Place covered in freezer or refrigerator for a few minutes to help retain shape when dipping in melted chocolate.
- Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
- Refrigerate and enjoy!
- To decorate: Make your green and/or white shamrocks . You can use a ziploc bag with a small corner cut off or a decorating bag with with a small round tip attached to make the shamrocks. Use a toothpick to direct chocolate into desired shamrock shape. Let dry.
- Then, dip half the truffles in white chocolate and the other half in green. While still wet, press your cooled shamrocks gently on the top of your truffles.
- For another effect, you can take the ziploc bag of chocolate and drizzle across each truffle with the alternating color.
Recipe amended from Kraft Food & Family Fall 2006.
I used a brand from Hobby Lobby for the green candy melts and regular white chocolate bark found at Kroger for the rest. But since I can’t find a link to them online, here’s a few links to some other candy melts I found, but haven’t tried yet.