These jumbo cookies delight with big chunks of chocolate in every bite. They’re simple but oh so good.
The cookie dough is kissed with creamy peanut butter …
…and hugged by giant chocolate wafers. Oh my… thighs.
I want to go just dive in.
I used a big scoop for these cookies. ?? inches wide that yields 12-13 cookies from the dough. But feel free to use a smaller scoop for more cookies.
Look at these great big balls of cookie dough though.
Before baking sprinkle a little sea salt on top to make them taste extra special.
Oh my … so much melty chocolate.
Speaking of melty. If you can’t wait for these to cool like a certain sweets-loving person I know, then be prepared to enjoy puddles of warm chocolate with a tall glass of cold milk.
Peanut Butter Chunky Chocolate Cookies
2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
12-18 oz semisweet chocolate baking wafers (I used these.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream butter, peanut butter and both sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing until incorporated. Add vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and slowly mix until combined. Stir in chocolate wafers.
- Scoop dough using a large 2-1/2 inch scoop (yields 12-13 cookies) a few inches apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle the tops lightly with sea salt. Bake 14-16 minutes and let cool.
Note: For more cookies, use a smaller scoop and bake for a little less time.